Shipping & Returns
Shipping cost can be displayed while you shop if you scroll down the page after adding an item to the cart and inputting your zip code. The shipping cost will continue to update as you add or remove items from the cart.
Shipping cost is determined by weight of the items and is calculated using a data interface with USPS. Most packages are going by UPS these days though.
Over the last year or two this purely by weight calculation has led to me taking quite the loss on any package over 24" or so as the dimensional weight is not accounted for in the shopping carts calculation that only uses weight.
So as of January 2023 I am experimenting with new rate structure. Over 5 pounds will be considered two packages and the cost added to the calculation will be + 15% to the shipping, and plus 2 pounds to the calculation. After much experimentation this is proving to pretty close to actual.
If you are wondering what is up with the funky packaging: The plastic wrapped and taped edges has kind of been our thing for a long time. Going over dimension just by the thickness of cardboard can make the shipping cost jump over double. With having to utilize UPS now for almost all packages over 17" there is the added need for the paper wrap over the plastic to give the appearance of cardboard. It sucks. Its wasteful and it adds hours to the day but it is the only way to get it shipped to you and the cost I am able to do it at.
Sales tax : only collected by for orders shipped to Tennessee addresses.
If you are in Tennessee and need to purchase with a sales tax exemption reach out by email and I will set your order up to order without tax.
1. If you wish to cancel your order:
- you can notify us by email or phone before we have dispatched the goods to you;
- where goods have already been dispatched to you, by returning goods to us in accordance with the terms below.
2. You can return goods you have ordered from us for any reason at any time within 14 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange. The shipping costs of returning goods to us shall be borne by you.
3. Upon receipt of the goods we will give you a refund of the product price. The original shipping cost to you would not be refunded for returns that are discretionary. If the return was a result of a mistake on our part then your original shipping charges would be refunded.
4. You may not return goods in the following circumstances: -
- in the event that the product has been used.
- to any products that we have made or customized specifically for you
- the products are in any way not in a condition that we would be able to resell them as a new product.